Friday, June 15, 2007

Part 6: Hermann and Katy, sitting in a tree.

Saturday June 9th, 2007.

Driving around town, sooner or later you realize that everything (well, pretty much a lot of things) is Hermann Memorial. There are Hermann Memorial buildings, statues, and hospitals. So who’s this Hermann? Do people of Houston really miss Hermann Monster that much?

This day we went shopping to Katy. So if when you reach Houston everything is Hermann, when you reach Katy EVERYTHING is Katy. I’m sorry, but this is just too much. I mean, I live in Monterrey and we don’t have everywhere “Monterrey Ave.”, “Monterrey Plaza”, “Monterrey Mall”. Everything has its different name, but in Katy, everything is Katy.

So we went there: to Katy, Tx; passed Katy Ave., to Katy St., to Katy corner and saw some Katy rocks and Katy grass, until we got to Katy Mills, which is a mall full of outlets, or at least that’s what they made us think it was.

I mean don’t get me wrong, it’s a pretty big mall and has a lot of stores, but it’s no outlet mall. Aside from maybe 5 stores, the prices are the same as any other regular mall. Still, it was good; I bought only what I needed to buy and nothing more.

No comments: