Friday, June 22, 2007

Part 14: There’s nothing new under the sun

Monday June 18th through Wednesday June 20th, 2007.


I think it’s a little bit frustrating how I’ve really learned a lot this past couple of weeks but can’t really reflect that knowledge yet. I feel I should have known so much more before I started this summer program. Anyway, I’m learning and I guess that it could be worse.

These past three days I’ve been reading a lot of manuals and tutorials, and clicking here and there to get used with the interface of the terminal window and the new program I downloaded: Eclipse SDK. It’s the first time that I see a good GUI in a Linux program so far. I’m not saying that Linux programs suck, but the terminal window does.

These three days I’ve gone to the gym. Hopefully I will continue to do this and make it a habit. In Monterrey I go every once in a while, even though “the gym” is inside my own house. Usually I just use the treadmill and the bench to work out the abs (with no results if I keep up the drinking).

Now I realize that since I’ve been drinking less beer, that’s probably the reason of my weight loss (I’m losing weight according to Betty); just maybe. I’m not skinny, not even thin, but I better start drinking to look healthier.

Wednesday night at Husky Village was good I guess. We had “Italian dinner” provided by the residence staff. By the time I got there, there were only some lettuce pieces and some tasteless spaghetti. It was free though, so I can’t really complain.

After dinner, Texas Hold’em was on! I had been wanting to play ever since we first arrived but no one really seemed to be interested. Finally yesterday we got together and played. A couple of hours later JC and I were the only ones playing, and since it was taking way too long, we split the money and took half and half. It was good. Headed for the gym and nothing else really happened.

Looking forward for the 29th when I hopefully will be going to an Astros game.

No comments: