Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Part 19: See Galveston

Saturday June 30th, 2007.

Woke up and by noon we were on our way to Galveston. It was raining on Houston, but we had faith that we were still going to have a great time at the beach.

Now that I had been living in Houston for almost a month, I’d heard several times Galveston being mentioned. The common denominator for all of those was: “something, something crappy beach”. They were probably right, but (quoting) “a beach is a beach”.

It was actually not that bad. It wasn’t raining; it was sunny, and that was more than enough for all of us. We had a great time there, and by 7 we had supper and drove back.

At night we went to downtown to a couple of Irish pubs and danced at a club. We rock. I have nothing else to say.

I don’t remember doing anything on Sunday other than going to church. I probably did laundry and played poker. The rest is a huge blur.

No comments: